D3 Visualization | Minesweeper
- Set a difficulty level to
- Click any cell on to start
- Numbers represent the quantity of bombs in the 8 surrounding cells
- Right Click any cell to plant a flag designating the cell as a bomb
- Clear all cells without exploding
|Beginner||10||9 x 9|
|Intermediate||40||16 x 16|
|Expert||99||16 x 30|
As part of a recent interview process I was sent a package of materials to study in advance. One of the suggested assignments was to create a command line version of Minesweeper. Minesweeper is a classic game that first appeared on Windows 3.1 in 1992.
I decided building a version with a graphic interface would be more interesting. I used D3 and created all the graphical components with Boxy Svg. Figuring out the business logic was more challenging than I had anticipated which made this a really rewarding project to complete.